Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Getting started

Who, am I? I am Vivek Joshi, 35 years, resident of New Delhi, India.

This blog is my attempt to highlight and share some of my thoughts on some seemingly complicated issues in the Indian context mainly. Hopefully it will lead to something more meaningful as I get more feedback and suggestions.

Some of the areas which I will try to write about in the coming days will be:

1. How to reduce generation of black money in the Indian Economy
2. Why citizens in India forever feel short changed by the governance they get
3. Ahhh..the dreaded "C" word..."Corruption". Is there really no way out. Are we doomed to greasing palms for generations to come...or ....Can something be done.
4. Why we cannot form and stand in queues and why we should

I think it is enough of a start for a first blog.

More soon, hopefully :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Today only I was reading a book prmotion interview ( Games Indians Play: Why We Are the Way We Are, V. Raghunathan ). and there was a beatuiful story about a farmer,
whose corn won top awards year after year. When a reporter asked about the secret of his success, the farmer attributed it to the fact that he shared his corn with his neighbors. Why, the reporter wondered, would the farmer want to share his seed when those neighbors also competed with him for the prize? The farmer’s reply was, “The wind picks up pollen from the ripening corn and swirls it from field to field. If my neighbors grew inferior corn, cross-pollination would steadily degrade the quality of my corn. If I am to grow good corn, I must help my neighbors do the same.”

That Indians often fail to act like this farmer is the principal theme of Raghunathan’s book.

But can we say that this is human trait rather than indian one.

Read the full interview at

http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/india/article.cfm;jsessionid=9a308f4c9658f6776862?articleid=4222&CFID=39742907&CFTOKEN=13993873&jsessionid=9a308f4c9658f6776862

Zodawn Footprints said...

By seeing the focusing points of your blog, i hope it will be the focussing blog for the Indian Business World. I wish more & more open minded people come out to herald the ups & downs in our way of living in India. Well done!!